At Beaulieu we uphold and teach students about British Values.
The British values are:
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith
We ensure that through our school vision, ethos, agreed rules, curriculum and teaching we promote respect and tolerance for all cultures, faiths and lifestyles. As educators we have a duty to prepare our children for life in modern Britain and to keep them safe. We value the importance of and support the current Ofsted guidance.
The promotion of modern British values and democracy is clearly evident within our school through the following:
- Assemblies where we teach respect for all, right and wrong, tolerance and differences and respecting and following the law.
- R.E. lessons which teach the children about all major faiths
- Our School Council and a democratic system of voting and providing a “voice” for all Students.
- Our School Vision and our 'Beaulieu ARRK' which outlines our commitment to tolerance, respect, celebration of differences.
- Our School Rules and Behaviour Policy
- Anti bullying policy and practices
- Life Skills and Citizenship (PSHCE)
- Close links within our community and charity work
Our History lessons which show how our British history has also helped to shape the modern Britain of today and the modern British values of our society.